9 Best Salesforce AppExchange Applications for Travel, Transportation, and Hospitality
Table of Contents
Businesses in the travel, transportation, and hospitality sector experience a range of day-to-day issues that slow down business, require unnecessary admin work, and cause a disconnect between managers and staff. Many of these issues are accepted as just part of the job. In reality, the powerful CRM that is Salesforce, combined with smart third-party applications, can alleviate many of these problems and get your business to an unprecedented level of efficiency and revenue.
It has never been more important to focus your marketing, sales, and business processes around the customer’s needs and expectations. So, finding the right solutions to add speed and efficiency to every department of your business is crucial. Whether you manage a fleet of delivery vehicles, a chain of successful hotels, or a travel company with a portfolio of loyal customers, these applications can help you put customer service back at the forefront of what you do. Some features of the applications listed below include:
- Advanced vehicle tracking and efficiency reports
- Travel and logistics booking from your Salesforce CRM
- Intuitive booking and staff management systems across multiple properties
Take a look at the applications suggested here, and see how they could revolutionise how you run your business and help you improve your customer lifetime value and the revenue collected from each of your business assets.
UPS Shipping App
The Zenkraft UPS Shipping App gives you all the functionality of the UPS courier service from your Salesforce CRM. Use any Salesforce object, from opportunities to contacts, to create an order; arrange pickup with UPS; then, track shipping through regular real-time updates in your Chatter feed. For customers returning items, you can generate and email their returns labels, making it easier for them and therefore improving your customer service offerings. Ultimately, the UPS Shipping App saves your business time and money, as your logistics team spends less time organising orders.
How can the UPS Shipping App benefit your business?
- Adds native UPS shipping to your Salesforce CRM
- Send mail, and ship and track orders
- Ship to any object in your Salesforce Org
- Get shipping updates on your Chatter feed
- Calculate and compare rates
- Generate and print labels, and email returns labels
- Submit international forms to UPS
- Schedule pickups
- Integrate with Salesforce Form Assembly
- Integrate with inventory and stock-checking apps for full inventory management
Prices for the UPS Shipping App start at $299 USD per company per month.
Check-fleet is a comprehensive fleet management system. While your drivers are away on deliveries or collections, you can view real-time insights into their location, speed, and safety factors. When they return, recreate their route and analyse where efficiency improvements can be made. Check-fleet integrates with Geotab to provide enhanced tracking and insights, letting you plot geo-fenced customer locations, job sites, etc, on the map. If your driver encounters a problem, vehicle diagnostic reports are sent straight back to you, so you can find the best solution without visiting the vehicle. Check-fleet puts you in control of your fleet, so you always stay in-the-know and can get the most out of your vehicles.
How can Check-fleet benefit your business?
- Track your vehicles in real-time, improving productivity and driver behaviour
- Compare fleet vehicles against factors such as mileage, idling durations, and stop durations
- Receive remote vehicle diagnostics when a problem is encountered
- Receive constant real-time data on vehicle speed, fuel use, idling, and location
- Send ETA estimates directly to the customer
- Locate nearest fleet vehicle to a pickup location
- Compare driver reports to company policy; manage your fleet by exceptions
- Recreate trips from stored trip history information, including time spent at the office and/or with the customer
- Assign each driver a risk and safety score based on their speed, seatbelt usage, braking habits, corner turns, acceleration, and after-hours driving
- Improve your fuel efficiency by better managing routes, idling time, and vehicle maintenance
Prices for Check-fleet start at $35 USD per user per month. A Geotab GPS tracking device and subscription to the Geotab service is required for every vehicle.
Neurored Track & Trace
With Neurored, you can track all forms of shipping, whether they’re travelling on-land, in the air, or by water. Compare rates from some of the world’s best transportation companies via the Digital Freight Network, to find the one that’s right for each particular job, arrange the shipment, and then receive real-time updates on location and ETA. These insights help you stay ahead of the game, so you can always plan your next action in advance, and communicate with customers, retailers, and warehouses transparently as a result.
How can Neurored benefit your business?
- Track every part of your supply chain, including ocean containers, air cargo, and trucks
- Search and compare rates between your usual transportation methods and other carriers worldwide
- Sailing insights from 300,000+ ships and 80+ container lines to see location and planned events
- Air cargo insights from 200+ airlines
- Truck fleet insights from 8.5+ million trucks and thousands of truckload companies globally
- Use insights and updates to plan actions based on changing ETAs
- Use B2B payment integration to manage cross-border payments
- Add your own freight companies to the Digital Freight Network
Prices for Neurored start at $100 USD per user per month.
Sugati Travel CRM
Sugati Travel CRM helps tour operators and travel agents build beautiful itineraries for their clients, manage the entire booking process, and ensure that clients enjoy their holiday as much as possible. Begin by building effective marketing campaigns designed to appeal to your target audiences; then, manage all your enquiries and product options, customer follow-ups, and online payments through Sugati. With so many admin processes automated and/or simplified, your sales team has more time to spend personalising their customer interactions, offering better products and providing a better service. Businesses that use Sugati Travel CRM report an increase in customer lifetime value, making each client more valuable and every relationship more meaningful.
How can Sugati Travel CRM benefit your business?
- End-to-end business management, from building itineraries to taking payments and managing suppliers
- Build touring itineraries and monitor cost vs. customer budget
- Manage omnichannel marketing campaigns and targeted adverts, handle all enquiries, and score leads
- Build enquiry forms
- Tailor products, cross-sells, and upsells to suit different demographics and audiences
- Automatically create emails and schedule follow-ups
- Offer discounts to loyal clients
- Build customer lifetime value
- Manage customer experience, even when they are away, with day-time excursion planning
- Reduce the need for staff-training with an end-to-end solution that’s easy to use
- Improve customer experience pre-sale and post-sale
- Automated invoicing and online payment processing
- Integrate with third-party apps such as Mailchimp, Salesforce Pardot, various payment gateways, and Google Maps
- Fully-customisable, with countless options for personalisation and upgrade, so you can tailor Sugati to suit your business processes
Prices for Sugati Travel CRM are created bespoke, depending on your business’s required level of customisation.
Thynk is designed specifically to help hoteliers with multiple properties simplify their sales and automate many of their business processes, ultimately putting the customer at the centre of all business ventures, plans, and interactions. The application allows you to manage every point of every booking within the same programme. Input your own assets, pricing plans, and availability, with the option to tailor price plans to individual customers. With Thynk, you can manage guests and stays, as well as business relationships, rather than keeping the two sectors separate; so, you can keep up with corporate expectations without sacrificing the personalised service given to your regular and first-time guests. Thynk was designed by hoteliers, for hoteliers, to help you build better relationships and improve customer lifetime value.
How can Thynk benefit your business?
- Make your customers the focus of your business
- Ready-to-use hospitality modules
- Real-time two-way integration with PMS and POS
- Manage every part of a booking, through marketing, pricing, planning, selling, contracting, scheduling, delivering, and invoicing
- Accommodate negotiated rates, long stays, and flexible packages
- Manage all meeting and events bookings with rooming lists and function sheets
- Send pre- and post-stay emails automatically, cross- and up-selling to clients
- Access agile data and compile drag and drop reports to help you make the right decisions and quickly adapt
Prices for Thynk start at 4 EUR per room per month.
The goal of The NASII is to transfer all manual admin to the cloud and help better connect staff working in all departments of your hotel. By digitising reservations and bookings, customers no longer have to endure long queues, and are able to experience a much more pleasant customer service. Every aspect of hotel management can be integrated into the NASII app, even down to sales in the restaurant or shop, meaning your leisure guests as well as corporate visits run smoother, swifter, and in a more unified way. Room service, housekeeping, reservations staff and more, can access and manage their timesheets, holiday requests, and availability through a mobile app, and new tasks can be sent to them wherever they are in the hotel. The NASAII revolutionises the smooth-functioning of hospitality businesses and puts customer service at the forefront.
How can The NASII benefit your business?
- Removes all time-consuming manual admin work to speed up customer services
- Manage all reservations, including quick reservations and group reservations
- Manage check-in and check-out
- Track housekeeping schedules
- Handle all POS, including room service, shop, and restaurant
- Manage and analyse revenue
- Send out individual guest emails as well as mass emails
- Manage all employee details, timesheets, holiday bookings, rewards, and training
- Access a fully auditable trail of finances and transactions
- Staff receive real-time updates, tasks, occupancy, revenue, and records on their mobile device
- Staff can change their availability from ‘working’ to ‘on break’ at the click of a button on their phones
Prices for The NASII start at $35 USD per user per month, billed annually. A free trial is available.
Lanetix helps businesses working in logistics avoid those time-consuming bottlenecks that slow down commercial processes, by updating workflow and enhancing collaboration across departments. Lanetix works on the principle of growing your business’s revenue and profits, while competing on the basis of value, not price; so, you can attract and retain customers based on offering a superior service, without cutting your transportation quote prices.
How can Lanetix benefit your business?
- Highlight those areas that are slowing down your business growth
- Standardise best practices and workflows across departments
- Assign tasks and view outstanding and completed tasks on personalised dashboards
- Manage different types of projects side-by-side
- Log targets and track progress and shortfalls
- Set up new workflows and assign tasks to anyone from any department, facilitating collaboration
- Integrate Salesforce Chatter feeds to keep everyone up to date
Prices for Lanetix are put together bespoke. Contact Lanetix directly for more information.
Collect + Go
The Collect + Go app aims to cut out any delays between collecting cargo and setting off for delivery. It saves drivers valuable time at every stop by cutting out paper administration and handling everything via their smartphone. They can receive updates at any time while they travel, so are never without the information they need. Drivers can simply sign in and issue their own consignment notes, making them more self-sufficient and less reliant on other staff members during drop-offs. Collect + Go is the leading platform for consignment notes.
How can Collect + Go benefit your business?
- Issue cargo information and documents to truck drivers digitally
- Customers can contact their logistic drivers with updated information and instructions
- Truck drivers receive notifications and updates via the mobile app
- Pre-register for security checks to speed up transit
- No need for paper documents
- All parties in the supply chain have access to real-time delivery tracking info
Prices for Collect + Go start at 100 EUR per company per month.
CloudPerks gives your business the ability to offer exclusive travel deals to your employees and partners as perks, bonuses, and incentives. The discounts and deals available on the CloudPerks app are only available to Salesforce customers, so you won’t get a better deal for your own or your staffs’ business or personal trips anywhere else. Simply log in using your Salesforce credentials to access all the deals available and begin your search.
How can CloudPerks benefit your business?
- Save up to 80% on travel bookings
- Exclusive access for Salesforce users
- Receive deals on hotels, rental cars, and flights for both personal and business trips
- Quickly search the range of discounts by date, price, location, amenities, and other desirable factors
- Book more than one travel aspect at any time
- Offer your employees and partners travel deals as bonuses or perks
- Powered by Priceline to give users a familiar experience
- Access guest reviews before booking
- Search travel deals directly from a contact record on your Salesforce CRM to make planning to visit a client more convenient than ever
CloudPerks is free to download and use.
Our knowledge of the Salesforce CRM and its potential to help travel, transportation, and hospitality businesses improve their customer service, asset management, and sales approaches, means that we can help you implement any of the apps mentioned above with your Salesforce Org and make sure it delivers everything you hoped for.
Alternatively, if you have an idea for an app that hasn’t yet been developed, or are in the process of developing an ISV app, we can help with this too. Contact MagicFuse today.